Tuesday, May 8, 2007

DIP Update

Ok, so I got more details from my proj. We’ll be doing some Solar Powered stuff.. quite cool. Apparently, well you see, the solar panel doesn’t really generate a very high amount of voltage. What’s cool is that we’ll be using a Z-Source VSI to boost the voltage. Quite cool.. I never knew something like this could be done.. even as an engineering student, I never really comprehended how with just letsay 5V, you can generate anything more than 5V from it.. perhaps that’s why I never really understood how the camera flash works.. a camera probably runs on about 2 AA batteries, that’s no more than 3V, but yet the flash somehow manages to charge up an enormous amount of charge to give that blinding flash.. hmm.. amazing.. so well, even though this project isn’t exactly the most exciting or more interesting, nor will I be doing anything cool.. I guess there’s always something to learn from it. There’s also probably a good reason why I’m in it.. just have to figure that part out..

so anyway.. that’s what I’ll be doing. Some solar panel thing.. I guess I won’t give too much details here.. contact me if you’re interested. It’s only been 2 days, but I’m dead beat. Totally not used to this 8-hour workshift thing.. and I’ve got a month more.. woohoo.

I’m gonna play again this week for the Mother’s Day Weekend! This time for david.. it’s been quite a while since the last time, and also cos I missed the WEW thing cos of the exam. So I’m happy to be able to get back into it.. oh and I think I like Stronger Than by United Live quite abit.. click the link to listen to it..

Oh, and beeps sent me this email about Cookie Monster. I think it’s really interesting.. it makes u think much about what goes on behind the sesame street characters and will probably make u see Cookie Monster in a different light the next time u see him.. =)

Cookie Monster Searches Deep Within Himself and Asks: Is Me Really Monster?

- By Andy F. Bryan.


Me know. Me have problem.

Me love cookies. Me tend to get out of control when me see cookies. Me know it not natural to react so strongly to cookies, but me have weakness. Me know me do wrong. Me know it isn't normal. Me see disapproving looks. Me see stares. Me hurt inside.

When me get back to apartment, after cookie binge, me can't stand looking in mirror—fur
matted with chocolate-chip smears and infested with crumbs. Me try but me never able to wash all of them out. Me don't think me is monster. Me just furry blue person who love cookies too much. Me no ask for it. Me just born that way.

Me was thinking and me just don't get it. Why is me a monster? No one else called monster on Sesame Street. Well, no one who isn't really monster. Two-Headed Monster have two heads, so he real monster. Herry Monster strong and look angry, so he probably real monster, too. But is me really monster? Me thinks me have serious problem. Me thinks me addicted. But since when it acceptable to call addict monster? It affliction. It disease. It burden. But does it make me monster? How can they be so callous? Me know there something wrong with me, but who in Sesame Street doesn't suffer from mental disease or psychological disorder? They don't call the vampire with math fetish monster, and me pretty sure he undead and drinks blood. No one calls Grover monster, despite frequent delusional episodes and obsessive-compulsive tendencies. And the obnoxious red Grover— oh, what his name?—Elmo! Yes, Elmo live all day in imaginary world and no one call him monster. No, they think he cute. And Big Bird! Don't get me started on Big Bird! He unnaturally gigantic talking canary! How is that not monster? Snuffleupagus not supposed to exist—woolly mammoths extinct. His very existence monstrous. Me least like monster. Me maybe have unhealthy obsession, but me no monster.

No. Me wrong. Me too hard on self. Me no have unhealthy obsession. Me love cookies, but it no hurt anyone. Me just enthusiast. Everyone has something they like most, something they get excited about. Why not me? Me perfectly normal. Me like cookies. So what? Cookies delicious. Cookies do not make one monster. Everyone loves cookies. Me no monster. Me OK guy. Me OK guy who eat cookies.

Who me kidding? Me know me never actually eat cookies. Me only crumble cookies in mouth, but me no swallow. Me can't swallow. Me no have no esophagus. Me no have no trachea. Me only have black fabric throat. Me not supposed to be able to even talk.

Me no eat cookies.
Me destroy cookies.
Me crush cookies.
Me mutilate cookies.
Me make it so no one get cookies.
Everyone right. Me really is cookie monster.

No comments: