Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I’ve-got-no-idea-what-this-title-should-be

Thank God I managed to get what I wanted for my time-table earlier this morning. For a moment I didn’t get a particular slot I wanted, but thankfully after like 20 minutes, someone gave up a slot, so I took it. =)

Now just have to wait and see which elective I’ll get. Hopefully it’s the photography one.. sounds quite fun..

FYP’s beginning to be a real chore. I suddenly realized that there’s a tonne of things to do. Like suddenly, there isn’t enough time.. and it’s gonna be Christmas. For once, just once, in 24 years, I find myself not looking forward to Christmas. Cos that’ll mean that the hols are ending and that means FYP deadline’s round the corner.. help.

So anyway, maybe the holiday mood just hasn’t set in yet, but come to think of it, there doesn’t seem to be much of a holiday to begin with actually. Hah..

Thanks to Wilson, I’ve now got a new installation on my computer.. Combat Arms. Think Counter-Strike meets online RPG. Where you get to upgrade ur gear and ur rank and what not.. come to think of it, it’s pretty similar to COD4, except that here, your upgrades don’t last forever.. and u get points or ‘Gear Points’ with the experience level you get thru the games. These points can then be used to get a wide range of new upgrades ranging from a muffler for ur rifle, to a scope for ur pistol, to a red beret *ooh* for ur avatar. And the interesting thing is that, you can pop by to 7-11 and get one of those cards to ‘buy’ more points to use.. that’s if you have some how used up ur points or are lazy to level up.. but honestly.. I don’t see who will actually pay money.. real-life money for a game’s possession.. some things I’ll never get. =P

The surprising thing is that it isn’t laggy.. the initial round I played had some sound issues, but after that, all subsequent ones were quite fun.. perhaps it’ll be even better if it’s with ppl you know, so I’ll try my best to psych the DIP clan to get in on this.. =)


On a different note, it’s interesting to note how games are evolving.. with the rise of massive internet bandwidth, games are now available for free, charging only for augmented services within the games.. quite different from how it was last time..

Latest earwax, Jared Anderson.. something also tells me that I should be spending more time on my guitar; the PODxt Live’s collecting dust already.. Urgh. Great, a tonne of things to do, a dime of a time that I’ve got. Think I should pull up a to-do list soon..

No comments: