Monday, December 22, 2008

Ramblings on 221208

It’s been a while since I’ve left anything, and I figured that things are starting to collect dust around here.. but I don’t really have anything concrete to mention, so I figure I’ll just ramble off here. You’ve been warned, do proceed with caution..

Well, first thing’s first.. I thank God for the opportunity to meet up with Alvin, Eugene and Justin just earlier today. I’d say it’s pretty much my highlight of a rather eventful day. It’s been a good 2 years since we had four of us sit down and catch up.. so many thing’s changed, but yet, still so many things remain the same.

Everyone says that u put a bunch of guys together, and they’ll definitely start talking abt the army.. well.. in a sense it’s true.. but I’d say that it’s pretty different in this case. To begin with, it’s the very thing that brought us together in the first place, so really, you can’t expect much deviation from this ‘glue’.. and it’s sad to say, but sometimes, I do feel closer to them, as compared to friends whom I’ve spent more than 18 years growing up with..

In a short 5 months, or 2 years, we’ve been put against adversaries of different levels, so definitely, some sort of a bond develops there.. sad but true. But perhaps the vary life-and-death demands of the jobscope DOES require such high levels of camaraderie, which is probably why if you open ur ears on the train, bus or at Star Bucks, you’ll hear the typical ‘army talk’ float by eventually..

It’s quite a pity that not all 8 of us were gathered, but I’d say it’s a pretty good start, and one that’s worth every second of my time.

Moving on, the interview today was alright.. I would say that I’d like to have exercised a little more wisdom in answering some of the questions, but all in, I’ve given right about my best.. so I’ll leave Him to do the rest. I’ve learnt in the past weekend, from dar’s interview to the healing service, that He’s really in control. Some things are hard to explain in words and this is probably one of them.. even the interview itself was a miracle, being that I almost missed the information sent from the HR team right up till the last minute.. so like what the catch phrase says, God’s never failed me, but He’s sure scared me to death.. looking back now, I guess it was very much a simple test of faith, and one that I perhaps did not fare too well for..

Did I also mention that you should watch what you pray and ask God for? By now you would have known that I’m a proud daddy of 2 chubby (ok, they’re now fat) hammies, Hamlette and Omelette. Perhaps what I didn’t mention was that on the night of the 25th, one day before I came home finding the 2 hamsters on my table, I was praying and I asked God (for some reason, *what was I thinking*) to make me a ‘bigger’ person, in terms of being more responsible and teaching me how to handle more responsibilities.. to make me a more efficient and ‘useful’ person..

Lo and behold, I return the next day after my last exam paper to find myself in charge of 2 tiny little lives.. talk abt a lesson on responsibility.. but in a way that’s just how things are.. similar to what Morgan Freeman mentioned in the blockbuster Evan Almighty, ‘..when you ask God for faith, do you think He’ll just *snap fingers* and give you faith, or do you think He’ll put you through different situations to teach you faith..’ as much as we don’t like it, I guess we all know the answer to that question.. so perhaps I ought to be a little wiser in the future abt what I’m asking God for.. (not that I’m complaining or anything though..)

No comments: